Thursday, April 10, 2008

No Movies Today

This morning I was supposed to go see 'The Inner Life of Martin Frost' but I couldn't. As I came to Dolmabahce I got stuck in the traffic. There is never traffic jam at this place. So I told the cab driver to go all the way around, but it was the same. It was worse than when the Olympic flame was here last week. Anyway, I decided to go by foot and saw that the police everywhere. They had shut down the Whole Taksim Square and its area. But why ? Because they were celebrating their 163rd anniversary. They already celebrated something like that last Sunday and paralyzed the whole Mecidyekoy-Taksim area.
Once I got there, I couldn't cross the square, so I waited and took pictures.

I was also supposed to go see another movie ('Paris') but got a call this morning telling me I was working today. So here I am, at the office.

Enjoy the pics.






























Standing still during the national anthem


























































This poor guy is waiting for the signal to let those balloons free















































The Governor is here, as well as the Mayor of Istanbul




























2 comments:

HiIstanbul.com said...

I hope I can meet you one day. I like the photos you take. Do you live in Istanbul? where r u from?

Djouls said...

Hi Cliff, is that you ? thanks man. O posted a post about you a few days ago.