Wednesday, December 12, 2007

SSK

This morning I went to the social security headquarter in Bakirköy. I needed to applied to the Turkish social security in order to be able to take advantage of it. In Turkey, you normally have a social security when you work, but not in the field I'm working in. When working on TV series they do not declare your job. Then you don't contribute for your retirement pension and whatnot. According to the law we have to be declared but well... We don't have paychecks, we don't have social security, we get our money cash in an envelope, etc.
Soooo, that's why I went there. Since Ekin is working I can benefit from the social security on her behalf. Meaning that I can benefit from health care and stuff. Is that all clear ? Is it ?


Marmara Sea, on the way there.









Still on the way.










Stopped at a traffic light.









By the way, it was so crowded that I decided to go another day. I had a job at 11 am and I had to be there on time. The job got canceled last minute. Anyway. Next time I'll come earlier.

No comments: