Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Walk in Bebek 2.0

As our cleaning woman (yes we have one now coming every two week) came home early this morning today, I had to leave the premises so I wouldn't be alone with her.

After dropping Ekin to work, I decided to head toward Bebek and have breakfast at Bebek Café.
Then I decided to wait for the traffic to calm down as I wanted to cross the bridge to Asia to get a haircut so I started to walk in Back streets of Bebek.

First let me tell you more about this district. It is one of the wealthiest neighborhoods of Istanbul. It is located on the European shores of the Bosphorus and is surrounded by other wealthy districts such as Arnavutköy. "Bebek" means "Baby".
You can find a lot of historical buildings as it was a popular residential district during the Ottoman Empire.

Take a look at the older posts to see other photos of Bebek (here and here).

Bebek, main street going North.






















































































































































































































































































No comments: