Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Demostration

Today as I walked toward the Turkcell Headquarter I saw those people near the Galatasaray H.S. demonstrating about the the attacks of Israel in Gaza.

























As I turned around the corner I saw a huge crowd walking toward me. Many union workers protesting against the raises, the international crises, their job and Israel. There seem to be a "big" support from Turkish people toward Palestinians, mainly because of the religious link. Even though Turkey is a big commercial and military partner of Israel they do not care for Israel's behavior in the Palestinian territories. Turkish PM Erdogan, French President Sarkozy and Spanish chief of Government Zapatero met in Egypt to try to find a solution. Turkish government wants to play an important part in the solving of the conflict.































































































No comments: