Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Canada (Amsterdam) jour 1

Départ de l'aéroport Atatürk d'Istanbul à 05h40 du matin.

Après avoir seulement dormit une heure, en route pour l'aéroport, on y est à 03h40, il y a du monde, bizarrement. On enregistre nos bagages. On passe la douane, moi du côté Français, Ekin du côté turc. L'avion décolle à l'heure. On a trois siège pour nous deux mais les accoudoirs ne remontent pas totalement. J'espère désespérément de trouver une position confortable pour essayer de dormir un peu, sans succès, je me déboîte au moins 10 vertèbres en me réveillant, Le vol semble interminable.
Mais heureusement, arrivée à 08h10 à L'aéroport Schipol d'Amsterdam après 3h30 de vol. L'arrivée sur Amsterdam est magnifique, au lever du soleil. On aperçoit dans les champs de grands ensembles illuminés qui semble être des serres.

Ayant 5 heures d'escales nous décidons de sortir de l'aéroport et d'aller au centre ville nous balader. Il fait beau, il fait frais, La ville est belle. L'aéroport se trouve à 10 minutes du centre ville en train. Il y a un train toutes les 10 minutes, c'est super pratique et génial.

Arrivé à Centraal Station, on se dirige vers Dam Platz où on décide de faire un petit déj. Après avoir mangé des pains au chocolat (ça faisait longtemps) on est parti se balader dans les rues d'Amsterdam. L'Europe nous avait manqué ;)

Après avoir passé 2 heures à glaner dans les rues d'Amsterdam, retour à l'aéroport où le Duty Free est immense. Il y en a un dans chaque terminal, il fait d'ailleurs penser à celui du film du même nom de Spielberg. Il est très agréable avec ses chaises longues avec vue su la piste.

After grabbing something to eat and wandering around the airport we head toward the terminal. The plane is great, a nice big blue 747. It's the first time I ride a plane that big (that I remember of).
We're nicely seated in the middle part of the plane by the left wing right next to the emergency exit which gives us plenty of room for our legs. The TV is at a fair distance allowing us to watch the movies without having to break our neck. Movies ? yes, two : Nacho Libre and The Devil wears Prada. The plane leaves near 2 pm.

Very clear and nice weather during the flight until we arrive near Toronto where the weather started to get bad. We turned around in the sky for a bit due to weather conditions and traffic. We only saw the tarmac when coming out of the clouds and rain which was at approximately 50 meters from the ground.
Time at arrival : 4.30 pm.

Nice chat with a paranoiac Canadian Border Policeman right out of the plane. The only tensed experience we had in Canada, Canadian being probably the most friendly and polite people I've met.
cop : where are you going to stay ? How is this person related to you, etc. I'm the one talking with the guy until this question where Ekin (my wife, my half, my spouse, my love) answered as well.
Cop : How long are you planning on staying in Canada ?
me : Ten days.
Ekin : For ten days.
Cop : Which one ?
me : which one what ?
Cop : How long ?
me ten days.
Ekin : For ten days.
Cop : which one, ten days or fourteen days ?
me : ten days.
Ekin : I said for ten days not fourteen days.
Cop : ah.... ok.

Ekin's accent is pretty good and was not subject to discussion here. I think the preposition 'for' mixed up this guy's mind. But I never got why he was so nervous. We're both french citizen and are allowed to stay 6 months if we want to. Anyway. The border policewoman at the border desk was much nicer.
We picked up the luggage and headed out of the airport where Umut, Ekin's Brother was waiting for us. We went right away to their place near Yonge & Eglington.

We chilled out that night and went out to eat Japanese food. It had been so long since the last sashimi I ate. I missed it.

That night, Ekin was in a better shape than me. I started to feel the jetlag by 8 pm when my eyes started to close in the living room. I can wait to go to sleep to be in good shape to goo around the city.
Good night.

No comments: